Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Strange isolation

Will it, or will it not? I feel detached and isolated from the city I live in. The road to the South is now underwater, but trains are still running. I went out today and things were practically normal . . . just fewer people on the street, and some shelves (paper towels, water) empty in most markets, and some shops closed. Can't get that good Ba mii pet (duck noodles), I think those folks have gone back to the provinces for awhile.

I just stay at home, swim, sometimes go out on the bike, work on my work, practice music a bit, lead a sane life, as sane as I can, and wait. The bike trip up north has been put off, may change completely, as Rick and Diane moved their trip two weeks later.

It's all a lesson, a lesson in patience and flexibility. Opening to it, it's interesting as anything could be. I'm having fun.

But it's still dry here! The area around the townhouse, though, has been ordered to evacuate. I don't think the water will get in the house, but Tee is over here with me for the duration. She's been a good companion.

It's the best of times, it's the worst of times. Like all times. More tomorrow.

Tomorrow never comes? Ha. It just came. Checkitout here.



2 comments:

  1. Bikes are itching to roll come hell or high water. This ooze will relent and we will soon be off. Cruising up north Phitsanulok and surrounding environs. And who knows what after that. Its going to happen for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, well I don't predict hell, but it's safe to say we'll see at least some high water, Ranger Rick. Now am also looking at that Krabi leg as a real possibility, I think that would be a kick & a half, and I've been on most of those roads, too.

    ReplyDelete