Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Jes A-waitin and A-wonderin


You still don't see any water from here, but the reports are coming in, and some of the MRT subway stations are closed, notably at the famous weekend market, Chatuchak. Floods are getting quite close to my townhouse now, but haven't reached there yet . . . I'm not there to watch it. But areas which were dry a few days ago now look like this:

and I'm just hoping things will have settled down by the time my friends Rick and Diane get here . . . now less than 2 weeks away . . . cuz they're hoping to do some serious bicycling. And I hope I'll be doing some with them.

Anyhow, there are ways of doing that--here's a creative solution offered by a local bike club:

 The word is also out that all Bangkok districts now have refugee centers. That means this one, where I reside.

Governor keeps a brave face as more zones, roads swamped in capital

Flood water is now closing in on Bangkok's inner zone, the mostprotected area, since about 16,000 million cubic metres of water started ravaging the Chao Phraya basin a few months ago.

More tomorrow. Joe Bob says checkitout, at How Slow Can You Go?

No comments:

Post a Comment