Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just to stay in touch

This whole thing is putting many lives on hold, incidentally including my own at least 9 lives. I'm in a better position than most, as I'm in a still-dry area, and 12 storeys up. My other property doesn't look as though it will get water damage, although the water is now quite close. But my California friends have postponed their vacation for a couple of weeks at least, so the biking up around Sukhothai has to be put off, too.

But who knows what's really gonna happen? We keep getting different opinions. Most of the news on the Thai TV channels is about current conditions, or tells "human interest" stories about victims or survivors. Again, I'm just a-watchin and a-waitin, meanwhile keeping active, haven't stopped living, but it could well be that in a week this street here will be under water. Till then I won't be posting many pictures, but until the water starts going down I'll make at least a brief post every day. Just to stay in touch.

Here's an article which says, essentially, than nobody gets out of jail free here: Professor Khomsan's Prediction. But again, who knows? In any case, I remain your eyes on the ground here and your humble servant. Till soon . . . 

For soon, go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment