Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Taking a break

Hello, all you faithful bloggeroos, I'm gonna take a pause from the cause here. I've been getting burnt out by following everything so closely. It's getting so bad that I'm starting to enjoy Thai rap, and that's a bad sign. I have hardly ever enjoyed rap or hip-hop before. But this is kinda catchy:



Anyhow I've gotta take care of some other things in my life, and the political strife has softened to a dull roar at this point. Next blog, not too long from now, will hopefully be fewer words about more music, not politics, but the cool thing is that all that information and all those links are now in one place and can be revisited at will. You can also continue to comment, and I'll continue to answer.

One thing I neglected to mention, and that you may not have heard, is that the Thai Government is starting to seriously follow the trail of the money that flowed into the UDD/DAAD/redshirt movement in the last year. (hint: that's a good link to click) The accounts of over a hundred people connected to Thaksin were frozen a week or so ago. There are rumors flying around about all sorts of people having been bought off, and astronomical sums are mentioned.

But this is truly a land of rumors . . . everybody knows something, and is absolutely sure about it. A few weeks ago I was in a taxi and the driver swore up and down that Thaksin was dead, he knew this for a certainty. Ah, well, land of rumors, land of smiles, I'll take it, just don't let the second one die off . . . .

Till ve meet again, I still remain

your obedient servant,

Turk Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment